Settlement Workers in Schools (SWIS)
The Settlement Worker in Schools (SWIS) program assists newcomers with several services that support a smooth transition into the school and community. A Settlement Worker can support newcomers with connecting to social, cultural and community services, provide orientation and information, and promote cultural diversity and inclusion.
SWIS supports include, but are not limited to:
- Getting to know your school
- Understanding school rules and expectations
- Transitioning into Canadian culture
- Improving or learning English
- Interpretation and translation services
- Immigration services
- Financial information
- Youth and child care supports
- Education services
- Health services
- Community events and recreation
WHO DO I CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION?
For more information or questions, please call 780-875-9084 or email email@example.com.